Sunday, April 1, 2012

Makeup, Where to Start?!?!?!?!


When I was a teenager, I didn’t know where to start. I didn't know what products to buy or what shade. I did not have any help from my mom because she doesn't put on makeup anyway and I didn't want to tell her and my dad that I wanted to put on makeup! But thankfully, they didn't get mad at me when they saw me wearing makeup. I guess they said I've always loved makeup since I was a little girl. So, the first products I ever got were a mascara, I can't remember what brand, and an NYC eyeliner. I really felt that those two made a big difference for my look, but now that I know more about what to buy, I want to share to you what I think would be great products to start off your collection. Keep in mind that the products I will mention are the ones that work for me; I hope they will for you as well. At least this will give you an idea of what items to start off with your kit. I will also give an example for a drugstore brand and a higher end makeup, if possible.

Foundation: this product is blended all over the face to smoothen out the skin and starts us off with a new canvas. It could be powder, liquid or cream. Powder is best used for an oily skin and could be also used to set a liquid or cream foundation. Liquid foundations could be used for dry, normal or oily skin depending on the formula. And a cream foundation is best if your skin tends to be on the dryer side.
           -Revlon Colorstay (combo,oily,dry)
           -Neutrogena Healthy Skin (dry)
           -Elf Tinted Moisturizer (combo, dry)
           -Loreal Tru Match (combo,oily)
           -Sephora Mattifying foundation (oily)

Concealer: used to hide any blemishes such as pimples, scars or dark under eyes.
           -Revlon Photoready Concealer
           -Garnier BB Eye Roll On
           -Coastal Scents Eclipse Palette
           -Bare Minerals Concealer

Eyeshadows: to add color and definition to the eye lids.
           -Wet n' Wild Color Icon Eyeshadows
           -Elf 32 eyeshadow palette
           -Sally Girl eyeshadows
           -NYX Nude on Nude palette
           -Naked Palette by Urban Decay

Eyeliner: applied to lash lines or as close as possible.
           -Wet n' Wild Color Icon eyeliners
          -Milani Liquid Eyeliners
          -Bare Minerals Round the Clock Eyeliners

Mascara: swept onto lashes to get the desired look.
          -Maybelline Falsies Volum Express
          -L’oreal voluminous black
          -Bare Minerals Definition

Blush: applied on the cheeks for a flushed and lively look.
          -Elf blushes
          -Tarte Amazonian clay blushes
          -Bare minerals powder blushes
          -Milani blushes
          -Covergirl blushes
          -Wet n wild Color Icon blushes

Lipstick/chapsticks/lipgloss: swiped on the lips to ads color.
          -Palladio mineral chapsticks
          -Maybelline Colorsational lipsticks
          -Elf Studio lipsticks
          -Ulta mineral lip color
          -Bare minerals Pretty Amazing lip color
          -Sephora Lip Attitude lipsticks

           I hope this helped your quest on finding your starter makeup! I'll post a video about this on YouTube and attach it to this article! Enjoy the new you!

No comments:

Post a Comment