Friday, February 10, 2012

Prevent Eyeliner and Mascara Smudging

          Raccoon eyes are so unattractive and annoying. Eyeshadow underneath the eyes for a smoky eye effect is wonderful, but when it starts looking like you've got the worst eye bags ever, not so much. Smudging underneath the eyes tends to happen much more during the summer or whenever you sweat. I have several tips I want to share to you. Keep in mind that we have different skin and some of these might not work for you, but just try them and see what happens.

Prevent mascara smudging
Curl your eyelashes for 20-30 seconds each. Also, if you have long eyelashes curl it in two areas: close to the root and near the tips to give it a more natural effect.
Wear waterproof mascara. Waterproof or new mascara tends to be wet and that makes it easier to smudge on your skin. I advise taking off the excess product by scraping it on the tip of the bottle. Some like to put in on their hands but I don't want to waste my product so I just put it in my bottle. Apply on your eyes. You don't have to dip it in again since you just want a little bit of product anyway. This also prevents clumping. If you really like a lot of mascara on your lashes, let it the first coat of mascara dry first, then repeat the whole process.

Prevent eyeliner smudging
Wear waterproof eyeliner.
Wear a primer.
After applying the eyeliner, dab on a matching eyeshadow on top of the liner to extend it wear time.

      I hope these tips help! If you have any you want to share, just let me know and I would greatly appreciate it!

No comments:

Post a Comment